As you may have noticed, you haven’t heard much from me lately. The last 6 months were, hands down, the busiest in recent memory. There was barely time to do laundry, never mind keep up with my writing. I’ve missed you though and I’m glad to be back!
In my continuing effort to collect states and countries, I am pleased to announce that I have finally been to Wisconsin! Growing up in the northeast, Wisconsin was pretty far away and not easy to drive through on the way back from most states (notice which ones I’m still missing). Living now in the midwest, it is a lot closer. So off we go!
Newsflash – Wisconsin is LOVELY! Perhaps we happened upon a particularly nice area of the state when we vacationed in Door County but I’m giving the whole state credit. Here is the very scientific method I used for deciding on this vacation spot:
- Pick a state I haven’t been to yet – the closest one will do.
- Decide what type of vacation we as a family want to take – in this case a lake vacation.
- Google my parameters, e.g. “best lake vacation in Wisconsin”.
- Stumble upon a place that apparently many people I know have been to but I have never heard of.
- Rent cabin on Airbnb – It was perfect!
- Do a little more internet research on what is available nearby. Lots of parks!
- Wait anxiously for the week to arrive and hope for good weather.
- Pack light, strap bikes to the back of the car and go!